The imagery recalls the history of Urbandale, Iowa, and a beacon marks a new destination/location.The Urbandale High School Corner Commission established a memorial on the south- west corner of 70th and Douglas to commemorate the school site. The 1925 cornerstone from the original brick building and plaques commemorating the graduating class members from 1937-1966 are part of the memorial. A plaque also honors those who at- tended Urbandale High School and entered the armed services prior to their graduation. A sculpture obelisk depicts, among other items, the original 1916 two-room building, the brick building, and the Bluejay mascot. The artwork is 12 feet tall by five feet diameter.